REVIEW - Demon At My Door by Michelle A. Valentine



Demon At My Door by Michelle A. Valentine starts off with us meeting Natalie. Natalie is about to turn twenty-one, and on her twenty-first birthday she will either die or become a soul-collecting demon. When Natalie was five years old a little demon boy, also about five year old, came to her while her mother was in the middle of chocking on a hotdog and offered to save her mother’s life in return for her soul.

“You belong to me now, and I’ll be back to get you after your twenty-first birthday, when the time is right. No one else can touch you until then and I’ll be around to make sure.”

Determined not to give up her soul or die she has spent many years chasing after the little demon boy that has tormented her since she was a little girl. Everyone in town knows about her crazy demon killing antics and she has been out casted as the town freak.

Now, days away from either dying or being a demon, she has not one, but two guys pursuing her. One is the hot new bad boy that doesn’t care what anyone thinks about him. The other is her neighbor that she had a summer fling with that wants to continue their relationship, but keep it a secret from everyone.

“My dad won’t let me see you. You know that. If word got around campus that we’re together, it’s only a matter of time before he finds out.”

Michelle A Valentine wrote Demon At My Door so that it had me going back and forth as to which boy I wanted Natalie to end up with. When you read the book, it’s really not hard to figure out who she will eventually end up with, but honestly, my heart got pulled a little bit by both of these guys. Now that’s not to say I didn’t want to slap both of them around a little bit at times to for how they were treating poor Natalie.

As I read Natalie’s story surrounding her twenty-first birthday, my heart broke a little bit for how everyone had treated her up to that point and she just accepted it. You rarely saw her fight back or even defend herself, and I always find that side of a character insanely frustrating. The only people she stands up to are the two guys that are chasing after her. She even lets her parents treat her badly to some degree.

“Look, I’m not into worshipping the Devil or anything. Dressing in black has nothing to do with liking evil. It’s a personal choice, and believe me, befriending demons is the last thing on my mind.”

I really enjoyed the adventure Michelle took me on with Natalie in her desperation to stay alive and keep her soul. I think this might be one of the first paranormal demon books I just wasn’t able to put down. I had to know if Natalie was going to be able to keep herself safe from the demon that wants her soul, which you find out later in the book, his reason for wanting her soul are completely different than you would think.

“You don’t have a choice in the matter. Your soul is you, and I own it. You’ll do whatever I say. This is how it is going to be.”

Michelle A. Valentine leaves the ending with you needing a sequel. I hope she puts me (and probably everyone else) out of my misery with continuing to tell us Natalie, Rick and Stew’s stories. So be warned – you will get attached to these characters and want more!

Michelle A. Valentine is a Central Ohio nurse turned author of erotic romance, with forthcoming novels ROCK THE HEART (2012) and ROCK MY BED (2013). Her love of hard-rock music, tattoos, and sexy musicians inspired her erotic BLACK FALCON series.






Find Michelle A. Valentine:
Like Michelle A. Valentine on Facebook
Follow Michelle A. Valentine on Twitter @M_A_Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment