REVIEW - Play With Me by Kristen Proby



Play With Me’s main characters are Will Montgomery and Megan McBride. Will meets Megan due to her being an old college friend of Will’s sister, Juliette (Jules). Instantly drawn to one another it doesn’t take long for Will to convince Megan (Meg) to go on a date with him.
"Don't tell me you have that stupid girl three-date-rule?"
Meg is a nurse in the cancer unit at Seattle Children’s Hospital and Will is the quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks. After Meg continually gets rejection notices when she asks the Seattle Seahawks to come visit the children in the hospital, she thinks Will is nothing more than an arrogant joke who just likes to be the center of attention. When she is confronted by Will in the restroom at Jules and Nate’s engagement party and then he shows up with his teammates at the hospital, she quickly starts changing her mind and thinking he may not be such a bad guy after all.
"Megan, you exasperate me, and turn me on, and make me crazy."
But can Will and Meg make their relationship work when it is constantly put to the test? Between Will’s celebrity status constantly getting him noticed in public and Meg battling her troubled past that caused her many insecurities and trust issues; Will and Meg are going to have to find out if the other loves them enough to see their relationship through the one another’s obstacles.
"I know I'm not anyone special. I know you shouldn't be interested in someone like me. We are from two totally different worlds."
Play With Me is the third book in the With Me in Seattle series (forth if you count the novella, Under The Mistletoe With Me) by Kristen Proby. Come With Me follows the beginning of the relationship between Natalie, a boudoir photographer, and Luke, a famous movie star turned producer. Fight With Me follows Jules (Natalie’s roommate and best friend) falling in love with her boss Nate.
I have to share with you that I have a very intense love affair with this series. I have become quite addicted to them. If I knew how to hack into Kristen Proby’s computer to steal a look at the next book, believe me, I would do it in a heartbeat! I enjoy how Kristen makes each character in the series have their own unique personality. There are no two similar characters.
"Have you seen your family? You all look like you stepped out of an Abercrombie ad."
In comparison to the other two books, Come With Me and Fight With Me, Play With Me was a little more laid back in the drama department. There were no big fallout scenes with jealous exes or anything that made me want to slap some common sense into anyone. I also felt the chemistry between Will and Meg lacked a little bit of the intensity that was in the other books for those couples. Their relationship also developed a little slower than the other two as well, but I actually enjoyed that part about Will and Meg.
"I just want to learn everything about you. You're in my head, and I haven't felt this way in a long time."
My favorite scene is when the girls are in the van after Jules’ bachelorette party. A van full of drunken horny women talking about sex and orgasms while the men try to get them home safely is seriously hilarious! I so wanted to be in the van with them and put my two cents into that conversation!
Overall, this book is certainly worth your time to read. It can probably be read as a stand-alone but you would seriously be doing yourself a disservice not reading the other books in the series!

Find Kristen Proby:
Like Kristen Proby on Facebook
Follow Kristen Proby on Twitter @Handbagjunkie
Website: http://www.authorkristenproby.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment